Double-Dipping — For Retail Savings, That Is…
Today’s retail climate gives us plenty of ways to spend money, but many of us consider saving to be a chore. It’s a shame, because with the smallest amount of effort, saving up to 35% can be had when you purchase discounted gift cards on Plastic Jungle.
If you’re a hard-core, never-pay-retail shopper, you’ll start with the discounted gift card from Plastic Jungle, then you’ll double- or even triple-dip into easily found coupons and promo codes.
The key to turning that small-ish percentage off into significant outlet-clearance variety prices is combining the gift card (means of payment) with existing sales and promotions (entered at checkout).
We’ve got a story about a Jungler who saved more than $500 on a personal big home improvement project – window coverings (not cheap!) — already posted on the Plastic Jungle blog. The post details how Marcy, a Jungle fan, purchased discounted Home Depot gift cards, added that to a rebate and in-store sale, and came up with huge savings.
Do It Now – Two Examples of Double-Dip Savings
Save on Omaha Steaks
2) Go to www.Savings.com or www.RetailMeNot.com (or Google “Omaha Steaks Deals” to find other coupon sites). Click through the coupon link of your choice. This sets up the promo code which will be applied at checkout. Right now, looks like the best deal is to choose an Overstock Bargain, which could give you up to 60% off (on STEAK!).
3) At checkout, use your already discounted Omaha Steaks eCODE (at time of writing worth up to a 17% discount).
4) Start counting the money you’ve saved by DOUBLE-DIPPING: Steak at up to 77% off.
Save at JC Penney or JCP.com
2) Go to www.Savings.com where you’ll find all kinds of coupon codes. Find one that suits your needs. Let’s say today it’s “10% off, sitewide” (code=SAVE10), or for in-store value, go to http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/2005/11/jc-penney-coupons.html (I just Googled “printable JCPenney coupons”), where you’ll find a printable coupon for $10 discount on $50, $15 discount on $75 and $20 discount on purchases of $100 or more.
3) Check out the JCP.com outlet and clearance racks for already discounted merchandise. (ie: Landing page patio sale has items up to 60% off.) This could be your triple-dip!
4) At checkout, use your coupon or promo code (online) and pay with your discounted JC Penney Gift Card or, online, your discounted JC Penney eCODE (at time of writing worth up to 14% off). Also look for free shipping coupons or links.
5) Your savings could be up to 33-80% of regular retail prices, depending on the deal you choose.
Plastic Jungle gives you bottom-line savings, and with minimum effort, you can compound those savings by double-dipping with a quick “–deals” or “–coupons” search in your favorite search engine.
Happy (Discount) Shopping from all of us deal mavens at Plastic Jungle!